Senior ESG Analyst – GAM
GAM is one of the world’s leading independent, pure-play asset managers. GAM’s purpose is to protect and enhance our clients’ financial future by attracting and empowering the brightest minds to provide investment leadership, innovation and sustainable thinking. By living our purpose every day, we believe that we can realise our vision of building the most respected specialist active investment manager and trusted solutions and services platform in the world.
.Together we share a common set of values of integrity, excellence and collaboration.
Our employees are our most valuable asset. Being able to offer an attractive work environment where talented minds from various backgrounds are keen to work is key to the long-term success of our company. We firmly believe in the importance of maintaining the open culture of a small company, aiming to avoid bureaucracy and encouraging a flexible, accessible and hands-on working style across the Group. In turn, our people reward us with their loyalty.
Senior ESG Analyst
Governance & Responsible Investment (GRI)
As active investors, we believe the inclusion of environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors, analysis and research in the investment process is integral to fundamental financial analysis. Our stewardship focuses on using our influence to create long-term, sustainable value and better outcomes for our clients, society and the environment.
We have an ambitious sustainability strategy and the new position of Senior ESG Analyst will play a key role in delivering on this, working closely with the investment teams on ESG research, integration, engagement and risk oversight.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
• Working closely with investment teams across asset classes to further advance and deepen the integration of ESG research, analysis and stewardship, into the investment process
• Engage and support engagement with investment teams on material ESG issues, including collaborative and public policy engagement where appropriate
• Develop GAM-wide policies and frameworks on key sustainability theme
• Manage relationships with ESG data providers and support building appropriate internal ESG tools
• Prepare associated reporting and communication with clients
• Identify opportunities and where appropriate take responsiblity for additional initiatives and activities that contribute to the success of GAM’s sustainability strategy
Key skills and experience
• 6 to 10 years experience in ESG research and engagement and/or consulting
• Strong knowledge of ESG and sustainability issues from a thematic and sector perspective, in particular climate change
• Highly collaborative and team-oriented, within and across teams
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong research and analytical skills
• Strong sense of accountability and responsibility to produce high quality work and strive for continuous improvement
• Highly organised and self-motivated with an ability to organise and prioritise multiple tasks and deadlines
• IMC or higher degree in a sustainabilty-related subject an advantage
GAM offers a comprehensive range of benefits and performance-based compensation, along with a variety of lifestyle and family benefits to promote well-being in and out of the workplace. These benefits vary according to local market conditions. Please contact the local Human Resources team for further details.
Employing Company/ies: GAM (UK) Ltd
Reporting to: Global Head of Sustainable & Impact Investment
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date is 14 May 2021